All federal, state, and local elections are administered by the City Clerk.Pursuant to state election law, polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on all election days. You must vote at the polling place for the precinct in which you reside.
Please visit the links on the green tab for more information on absentee voting, voter registration, locating your precinct, and other general information. Important election dates and other information are also regularly posted on the City website's front page under news and announcements. You can subscribe to the City's news and announcements here.
If you need assistance, please contact the City Clerk's Office via email or phone, (248) 733-3700, extension 235 for Elections.
November 3rd Election
Important Election Dates:
October 19th - Last day to register in any manner, other than in-person, with the local clerk for the November general election.
October 20th through November 3rd at 8:00 p.m. - In-person registration with proof of residency, at the local clerk's office.
November 3rd- Statewide general election.
Who is on the ballot?
- U.S. President/Vice President
- U.S. Senator (1 seat)
- U.S. Representative in Congress
- State Representative
- State Board of Education
- University of Michigan Regents, Michigan State University Trustees, and Wayne State University Governors.
- Justice of the State of Michigan Supreme Court
- Judge of the Court of Appeals, the Circuit Court, the District Court and Probate Court
NOTICE OF REGISTRATION FOR THE
ELECTION TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY,
NOVEMBER 3, 2020
TO THE QUALIFIED ELECTROS OF THE CITY OF ROCHESTER:
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that any qualified elector of the City of Rochester who is not already registered, may register to vote at the office of the City Clerk; the office of the County Clerk; a Secretary of State branch office, or other designated state agency. Registration forms can be obtained at mi.gov/vote and mailed to the City Clerk. Voters who are already registered may update their registration at www.expressSOS.com .
The last day to register in any manner other than in-person with the local clerk is Monday, October 19, 2020.
After this date, anyone who qualifies as an elector may register to vote in person with proof of residency (MCL 168.492) at the City of Rochester Clerk’s Office, located at 400 Sixth Street, Rochester, MI 48307 at the following times.
- Regular business hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31, 2020, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Election Day, Tuesday, November 3, 2020 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the City of Rochester will be voting on:
- Electors of President and Vice-President of the United States
- Congressional – United States Senator
- Representative in Congress – 8th District
- Legislative – Representative in State Legislature – 45th District
- STATE BOARDS –
- Member of the State Board of Education
- Regent of the University of Michigan
- Trustee of Michigan State University
- Governor of Wayne State University
- COUNTY –
- County Executive
- County Executive – Term ending 12-31-20
- Clerk Register of Deeds
- Water Resources Commissioner
- County Commissioner – 15th District
- NON – PARTISAN
- Justice of Supreme Court
- Judge of Court of Appeals – 2nd District – Incumbent Position
- Judge of Circuit Court- 6th Circuit – Incumbent Position
- Judge of Circuit Court 6th Circuit – Incumbent Position – term ending 01-01-2025
- Judge of Circuit Court – 6th Circuit – Non-Incumbent Position
- Jude of Probate Court – Incumbent Position
- Jude of District Court – 52nd District, 3rd Division – Incumbent Position
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Board of Trustees member Oakland Community College
- LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Board Member Rochester Community School District
- Proposal 20-1 – A proposed constitutional amendment to allow money from oil and gas mining on state-owned lands to continue to be collected in state funds for land protection and creation and maintenance of parks, nature areas, and public recreation facilities; and to describe how money in those state funds can be spent.
- Proposal 20-2 – A proposed constitutional amendment to require a search warrant in order to access a person’s electronic data or electronic communications.
- Oakland County Parks and Recreation Millage – Millage Replacement and Increase to Improve, Operate, and Maintain Parks, Open Space Areas, Trails, and Recreation Activities in Oakland County Michigan.
Full text of the ballot proposals may be obtained at the Rochester City Clerk’s Office, 400 Sixth Street, Rochester MI, 48307, telephone 248-651-9061 or 248-733-3700. A sample ballot may be viewed at mi.gov/vote .
Persons with disabilities needing accommodations should contact the City Clerk’s Office.
Lee Ann O'Connor, City Clerk
City of Rochester Michigan
Published Oakland Press Monday, October 5, 2020