The City of Rochester seeks candidates for the position of Minute Taker for the Rochester Planning Commission. This is a part-time position. Planning Commission Meetings take place at 7:00 p.m. on the first Monday of each month, with six (6) additional meetings occurring on the third Thursday of each month. Please see the Planning Commission meeting schedule here.
The position requires the candidate to attend all (in-person, hybrid, and/or virtual) Planning Commission meetings and document the official minutes in accordance with the City’s guidelines. The qualified applicant must be able to write a complete and accurate record of the meeting, including meeting date, time, and location; who was in attendance; a summary of the discussions for all agenda items; and a record of all official votes taken, and motions passed. Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in minute taking or similar for meetings is required.
- Full command of the English language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and formatting skills
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Keen attention to details
- Minimum 1 year of minute taking experience
- Ability to summarize a conversation between approximately 10-20 people
Must provide your own:
- Computer and writing tools
- Transportation (meetings are currently hybrid, minute taker is remote, but this is subject to change and in-person attendance will be required)
Compensation: $30.00 per hour (1-2 hour minimum for meeting attendance & transcription of minutes)
Please email your resume to email@example.com. Please call Ciona L. Hall, Planning Coordinator with any questions at (248) 733-3700.
The City of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).