Southeast Michigan's fall traffic safety education blitz began on October 29, 2021, and we are counting on your participation to reach as many people as possible.
Support Traffic Safety from Oct. 29 - Nov. 11
Walk. Bike. Drive. Safe this season!
Southeast Michigan's fall traffic safety education blitz began on October 29, 2021, and we are counting on your participation to reach as many people as possible. The goal of Walk.Bike.Drive. Safe is simple: Reduce the number and severity of traffic crashes, especially involving people who walk and bike. Despite fewer overall crashes in 2020, traffic fatalities increased drastically in a decade high, up 24% from 2019 and 33% from 2011. Multiple factors could have contributed to this increase, including: speeding; disregard for traffic controls; driver impairment; and decreased seat belt and helmet use.
Campaign materials are provided for your use on social media, websites, community TV, in e-newsletters, and more. These include:
- A series of short videos
- Safety tip graphics for social media
- Safety pamphlets and tip cards, which can be printed on-demand
- Activity/coloring pages for children
- Recommended social messages
- Newsletter article template
We are grateful for your partnership in making Southeast Michigan's roads safer for all travelers.
- Take your cues from us on social media as we post daily on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- When posting on social media, don't forget to tag @SEMCOG.
Contact: Trevor Layton, SEMCOG Communications at (313) 580-6195, or Jenya Abramovich, SEMCOG Transportation Modeling and Mobility at (313) 398-7441.